Mobile Number Portability
Mobile Number Portability is the process by which, you can shift to another operator of your choice, but keep your old number. Best is, you don’t have to go through the trouble of informing all your friends & family that your number has changed – it stays the same
To Port to another Provider You Must
- Have completed 3 Months with that provider after previous porting or after Taking This connection
- No Minus Balance
How to Port
- Send an SMS to 1900 in following format: PORT Your Mobile Number- eg. PORT 9895098950. (Simply sms “PORT <space> <10 digit mobile number which you wish to port> to 1900.)
- You will get a 8 digit unique porting code (UPC) instantly as a SMS.
- Send this SMS to operator you want to migrate to quoting the unique code. This code is valid only for a few days, and have to be applied again if it expires.
- Your new operator will check with your existing operator & if there are no dues then approval will be given for porting.
- You will get a SMS with the time and date when porting will take place. Rules mandate that process be completed within 7 days of applying.
- After porting is complete, wait for the SMS from your new operator confirming the switch. Your phone may be dead for few hours when the porting takes place.
You need to submit:
- Duly filled CAF form with UPC code details
- Copy of valid Address and Identity proof
- Copy of last bill paid to current service provider (in case of postpay customer)
- 7 are days Need to get ported to Another Provider