1. The Samsung Galaxy Mini has a 4.3-inch screen as opposed to the 5-inch screen that the S4 sports. The screen itself is a Super AMOLED touchscreen that has a 960×540 pixel resolution and a 256 ppi pixel density.
2. Like the S4, it runs on the Jelly Bean 4.2 layered with a TouchWiz user interface. Besides this, it comes powered by a 1.7 GHz dual-core processor and gives user the strength of a 1.5 GB RAM.
3. Samsung does not compromise on memory and gives the phone a heavy 8 GB memory space, of which about 5 GB will be available for usage. Also, the expandable memory capacity is pegged at 64 GB.
4. On the connectivity front, Samsung is set to launch the phone in two versions-one supporting 4G and the second for the more traditional 3G users. Besides this, traditional connectivity options like the WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, Infrared, and microUSB 2.0 remain intact. The more advanced cousin will also boast of NFC support.
5. As opposed to the 12MP camera that comes with the S4, the S4 mini has an 8 MP rear camera and a 1.9 MP camera in front. Camera features include ‘sound and shot’, Best Photo, Best Face, Beauty Face, HDR, Panorama Sports and continuous shot.
6. The S4 Mini comes with a 1900mAh battery
7. Besides the screen, hardware specifications include height of 124.6 mm and a width of 61.3 mm. It weighs about 107 grams.
8. The market estimates the phone will be priced at about $350 and will be showcased on 20 June.