The tech giant Google has rolled out Hindi support for its virtual assistant Google on Thursday. Hindi is the official language of India and the third most spoken language in the world behind Mandarin and English. Google Assistant in Hindi works a similar way that it does in other languages. Clients can talk to it in Hindi yet it is sufficiently smart to parse the occasional English word in the question that is basic in most communicated in Hindi today. As usual, the Assistant will show signs of improvement the more you utilize it.
The Assistant in Hindi will be accessible on Android telephones 6.0+ (Marshmallow or more) and will soon come to Android 5.0 Lollipop, iPhones and additionally Android Oreo devices.
Indications of Google Assistant supporting the Hindi language had risen in late January when the voice-based personal assistant began giving outcomes for few Hindi queries. In December 2016, Google Allo got a local Hindi Assistant and Google launched an extraordinary Google Assistant version for Jio Phone with help for Hindi and English languages.
Sorry to say, the procedure to change the Assistant language stays as idiotic as ever. You can’t have your phone language be English and the Assistant language be Hindi. To change the Assistant to Hindi, you need to change your entire phone’s language to Hindi. This has always been the situation with different languages as well and makes no sense. Apple puts no such restrictions with Siri on iOS neither does Microsoft with Cortana. If Google needs individuals to consider these language choices important, it needs to give them a chance to set the Assistant language independently.
“In order to make it considerably more helpful to Indians over time, developers and businesses can now build Actions for the Hindi Assistant through the developer platform Actions on Google,” said by Purvi Shah, Technical Programme Manager, Assistant.She added that Once an action is built, you can just say “Ok Google, talk to” and access the service straight through your Google Assistant.
To try it out, simply touch and hold the Home button or say “Ok Google” on eligible smartphones and your personal Google Assistant will be ready to help.
Google Assistant has once again made the competition difficult for Amazon Alexa and Apple’s Siri that both are yet to include Hindi support. The landing of Hindi Google Assistant additionally influences the space for the launch of Google Home smart speaker range. In addition, it ultimately opens an avenue to let non-English talking clients experience Google Assistant right by passing commands in Hindi.
With this launch, clients will now be able to make queries and get answers from Google Assistant in Hindi. They will also be able to give Hindi voice commands for tasks like setting alarms, finding directions, sending text messages and setting reminders among others. For example, you can instruct Google Assistant “Kal subah mujhe saat baje jagaao” to set an alarm for 7 am. You can also similarly ask “Cricket ka score kya hain?” to get cricket score updates.
To get to the Hindi Google Assistant, set your device language to Hindi and update your Google Search application to the latest version.
How to use Google Assistant in Hindi
In order to change to Hind on Google Assistant, there are a few steps that you have to follow. The methodology is extremely simple and will guarantee that you get Google Assistant talking to you with some extremely graceful Hindi words.
- Go to Google Assistant by long tapping the Home button on your smartphone. Alternatively, if you have the Google Assistant alternate route introduced on your phone, simply tap on it.
- Tap on the Blue symbol at the upper right corner of the Assistant screen. You will now observe the Explore option where everything that you can request that the Assistant perform is listed in an order.
- Now, tap on the three vertical dots on the upper right corner, jump to Settings from the pop-up menu.
- Scroll to the Phone setting and tap on it. Now scroll to Assistant language and open the language menu. You will be prompted to change the device language to continue with the language change process for Assistant.
- Scroll down to discover Hindi (written in Devanagari content) and select it.
- Exit Google Assistant, and long press Home button to trigger the Google Assistant in Hindi.