Vodafone India, the nation’ second-biggest telecom operator with near 215 million subscribers has today announced the rollout of its Super VoLTE services across Chennai. With the rollout, Chennai has now joined the list of Vodafone VoLTE-enabled circles that also incorporates Maharashtra and Goa, Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana, Karnataka, UP West and UP East. Vodafone India says that the service will be extended across the nation in a phased manner finished the following couple of months. Prior, we reported about Vodafone’s VoLTE testing in Chennai circle, and the service is currently officially declared. Do make a note that the service is now officially accessible in Chennai only and not in the rest of Tamil Nadu. The telco last week introduced its VoLTE service in Punjab circle. With the launch of VoLTE in Chennai, Vodafone’s VoLTE service now spans across a total of 11 circles in India.
All things considered, with the launch of VoLTE, Vodafone clients in Punjab now get benefits like “HD-quality” voice calls and faster call setup time. However, you need a Vodafone 4G SIM and a VoLTE-enabled handset to exploit the VoLTE benefit.
With the Vodafone India Super VoLTE service, clients can enjoy HD voice calls along with super fast call connect time. Additionally, the highlight here is clients can consume 4G data even during voice calls. Besides, Vodafone India VoLTE services are totally free, and the company will not charge anything extra to use the service. But the major letdown for Vodafone India at the moment is the lack of VoLTE supported devices.
Declaring the launch of the Vodafone India VoLTE service, Mr. S Murali, Business Head Tamil Nadu, Vodafone India stated, “We have been making huge investments to extend, upgrade and modernize our network system to guarantee that we give the finest service experience and seamless connectivity to our esteemed clients. We are pleased that Vodafone India is currently introducing VoLTE services across Chennai. VoLTE is a step further towards enhancing client experience and enabling our client in Chennai explore newer possibilities with their smart devices. We intend to expand our VoLTE footprint crosswise over Tamil Nadu throughout the following couple of months.”
Vodafone India VoLTE service is presently supported across devices from OnePlus, Xiaomi, Nokia, Huawei, Samsung, Gionee, Lava, Micromax, Karbonn, and Apple. The recently introduced Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 6 (2018), Nokia 1 and Nokia 8 Sirocco have gained Vodafone India VoLTE support with the most recent OTA update, and we have officially revealed about Apple iPhones Vodafone India VoLTE support earlier this month.
How to facilitate Vodafone VoLTE on your smartphone?
- Check whether your gadget is perfect with Vodafone’s VoLTE network
- Ensure your smartphone is running the most recent version of the software provided by the smartphone manufacturer
- Move up to a Vodafone 4G SIM if you are as of now utilizing a 2G/3G SIM. You can get it updated by going to your closest Vodafone store.
- If your smartphone supports VoLTE technology, ensure it’s turned on by going to the Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G > Turn on Voice & Data menu on the iOS device, or, Settings > Mobile Network > Turn on VoLTE call menu on the Android device. That said, the option might be tucked inside a different setting based on which company’s Android smartphone you are utilizing.
- More importantly, if your smartphone supports Dual SIM, make sure to put the Vodafone 4G SIM inside the first slot if you wish to utilize Vodafone’s VoLTE services. Also, don’t forget to set the Network Type to Auto by going to the Settings > SIM Networks > Preferred Network Type > 4G/3G/2G menu. Once more, the area of the choice would differ in view of the smartphone.